The Course on Credit Appraisal & Recovery Techniques aims to build the capacity of the participants to review the tools and techniques for analyzing and evaluating information from potential clients. It enhances the skills of the microfinance program staff in developing Credit formats, identifying potential clients, record keeping and loan recovery techniques.
It provides participants with the knowledge, skills and the tools to reduce the risk of financial losses, by developing confident microfinance staff and management and improved credit decisions making abilities.
CART is designed for the Credit Supervisors, Credit officers, Senior Credit Officers, Micro Credit Managers of MFIs and other Financial Institutions.
- Techniques for loan recovery
- Importance and procedure of social appraisal
- Appraisal for Credit
- Areas of appraisal (Client, Household, and Enterprise)
- Method and importance of loan inquiry
- 6Cs (Character, Capacity, Condition, Collateral, Contribution; and Common sense)
- Record keeping of Credit
- Role of credit staff while doing social and technical appraisal
- Basic guidelines in working field
- Responsibilities of field worker
- Exercises of filling Credit Formats