Loan portfolio is the most important and largest asset of any MFIs as it generates income through service charges and interest & fees. The motivation for a client’s prompt repayment is the expectation to get a bigger loan with advancing cycles. Any outbreak of loan delinquency can quickly spin off control and cause havoc for the MFI. The course will expose participants to taking proactive steps to safeguard against delinquency.
This Course is suitable for Account Officers, Operations Supervisors/ Managers, and Branch Managers of MFIs.
DELINQUENCY MEASUREMENT & CONTROL
- Understand delinquencies;
- Causes and Cost/Impact of delinquencies;
- Measuring & controlling delinquency
- Responding to a delinquency crisis
- Delinquency preventive techniques and management processes.
- Loan administration strategies to reduce delinquency rate in MFPs
- Portfolio Analysis
- Frequencies of Portfolio Analysis
- Monitoring Progress (Quality and Quantity)
- Review Targets
- Informed Decision Making
- Using new skills and knowledge
SUCCESSFUL PORTFOLIO, MARKETING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGEMENT
- Methods of risk management
- Negative effects of delinquency on the financing portfolio and facility
- MFI’s policies and internal procedure in delinquency
- Control and restrictions in the disbursement of funding in case of delinquency
- Seven steps of successful marketing
- Ten golden rules of customer service