Session-26: Internal Control and Internal Audits in MFIs
As microfinance institutions (MFIs) grow in size and complexity, the need for strong internal control systems to manage Microfinance Internal Audit. One of the key tools for ensuring effective internal control is the internal audit. This Course is designed to have a better understanding of How does an MFI make an internal audit department effective? What is the difference between an internal and external audit and how do they relate? How do MFIs ensure that internal audit recommendations are implemented?
The Course is designed for the Credit Supervisors, Credit officers, Senior Credit Officers, Micro Credit Managers of MFIs and other Financial Institutions.
- Introduction to Internal Control and Internal Audit
- Various Risks to Micro Finance Institutions
- Risks Mitigation
- Various Components of Internal Controls & Audit In MFIs
- Prevention of Fraud in MFIs
- Assessment of MFI’s Existing Policies and MIS
- The Best Features of Internal Audit & Control System