The objective of the course is to clear understanding of MRA and its responsibilities and various aspects the regulations and how the Regulations benefit both NGO_MFIs and their Clienteles.
Microfinance Course is designed for mid-level or beginners in Microfinance, Credit Supervisors, Credit officers, Micro credit managers of Microfinance Institutes.
- Introduction to MRA (Vision, Mission; and responsibilities)
- Rationales for MFI regulation
- Regulatory environment
- Criteria for licensing of MFIs
- Legal frameworks (MRA Act 2006, MRA Rules 2010)
- Impact of regulations on MFIs and the sector
- Approaches to assessment of soundness and safety of MFIs
- Client protections principles for MFIs
- Client outreach perspective
- Funding perspective
- Prudential Supervision framework of MRA