Session-38: Roles and Responsibilities of Branch Managers
Branch Managers play the most important roles at the field level of any MFI. While the Branch managers are responsible for day-to-day directing all operational aspects including disbursement and recovery; they are also responsible for documentation and record keeping of loans, customer service, human resources, administration and compliance of rules, regulations and guidelines of MRA, PKSF.
It the sole responsibility of a Branch Manager to operate his/her Branch in accordance with the MFI’s objectives including carrying out of all of the functions of a branch office and location, such as overseeing the approval of loans and lines of credit, marketing, building a rapport with the community to attract business and assisting with customer relations.
This session is specially designed to provide a clear understanding and overview of the Branch managers’ Roles, responsibilities and duties to the course participants. During this course participants will:
- Understand the way a branch is organized
- Understand the functions and tasks of a branch manager
- Understand how to effectively manage the staff of the branch
- Understand how to develop and implement a Microfinance business plan
- Know how to arrange branch security
- Discuss critical branch management issues with and experience branch manager
Management and officers of micro-finance institutions, finance managers and credit officers.
- Branch Management
- Manager functions: planning, organizing, leading, controlling
- Branch administration affair (facilitation work flow in branch, branch management strategy)
- Office management affair (office arrangement, security)
- Branch management experience:
- Qualification of leader
- 3 points that leader must adhere (effective leaders focuses on strengths. Effective Leadership Requires Trust And Integrity, A Leader Is A Role Model)
- 5 points for daily activity of leader
- Administration Management
- Administration letter (letter-in, letter-out, documentation management)
- Office administration (office arrangement, office decoration)
- Administration affair (office establishment, office transformation)
- Assets and Expense management
- Human Resource Management
- HR planning
- Job description
- Performance appraisal
- Personnel management (staff information, salary, incentive…)
- Effectiveness of H.R management and leadership
Branch Manager Responsibilities and Duties in terms of:
- Managing daily operations of branch.
- Supervision of branch staff in implementing Microfinance program strategies.
- Warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere for both employees and customers.
- Quality and exceptional services to customers.
- Target and projected income/profit.
- Enhance individual productivity
- Compliance with organization procedures and policies.
- Compliance with MRA rules and PKSF guidelines.
- Maintenance of operational.
- Cleanliness, safety and orderly maintenance of Branch office/facility.
- Personal Communication and customer satisfaction.
- Operational excellence and integrity of the branch.
- Action plans to enhance operational controls and optimize customer service.
- Performance appraisals, promotions, and compensation activities for employees.